Here at LDS Joinery Ltd, we pride ourselves on the attention to detail we provide in each of our services. The demanding standards that we place upon ourselves allows us to create plantation shutters of the highest quality for homeowners in the Surrey and the South West London area. From our showroom and workshop in Cheam, we provide a supply-and-fit service for this in-demand window dressing solution across the region, including locations such as Sutton and Wimbledon.
When it comes to plantation shutters, LDS Joinery provides the following service:
• A Made-to-Measure Fit for All Shutters
• Different Louvre Widths for Varying Needs
• A Range of Styles to Suit Architectural Eras
• Full Height, Tier-on-Tier & Café Styles Available
• Shaped Shutters to Suit Windows of Any Kind
• A Range of Colour & Hardware Options
LDS Joinery personnel are more than happy to visit locations in Sutton, Wimbledon and the surrounding areas to take measurements and discuss options for plantation shutters. To arrange a time at your convenience, please contact us.
Like most forms of home improvements, the installation of plantation shutters can initially appear to be a confusing and daunting prospect. As joinery specialists, however, we can assure our clients in Sutton, Wimbledon and throughout Surrey and South West London that the start-to-finish service we provide makes the entire process incredibly simple. Not only does LDS Joinery have a proven track record for outstanding services stretching back to 2011, our personnel also share more than two decades into the trade.
The most common styles of plantation shutters include:
• Full Height Shutters – Covering a window with a single feature, this sleek, versatile option is not only the most accommodating design, but the most popular too
• Tier-on-Tier Shutters – This design provides the same complete coverage as the full height, but comes in two split rows, like a stable door. This design allows for the top section to be hinged open while the lower section remains closed, or vice versa
• Café Style Shutters – For these installations, shutters only cover the lower half of the window, leaving the top section uncovered. A great privacy option for street-level windows in Sutton, Wimbledon and across the South East
• Bespoke Shaped Shutters – LDS Joinery hand-manufactures plantation shutters that perfectly cover windows of any shape, even the seemingly most difficult
Having chosen a specific design, our clients in Sutton, Wimbledon and the surrounding areas have yet more customisable options for their shutters. The size of the individual louvres, or slats, varies depending on taste. From the traditional 64mm look to a more modern 89mm, we offer a range of solutions to suit any individual requirements.
No matter the style and size of plantation shutters, they all open and close with the use of a tilt rod.
LDS Joinery supplies tilt rods in two varieties, including:
• Traditional Tilt Rods – This option sits prominently in the centre of plantation shutters, offering homeowners in Sutton, Wimbledon and the neighbouring areas a more rustic feel
• Contemporary Tilt Rods – Built into the shutter itself, contemporary tilt rods provide our clients with clean lines and a fresh look for plantation shutters without any visible mechanisms
If you’d like to see examples of the work LDS Joinery produces, please visit the gallery page.